Post new topic   Reply to topic    Into the West Forum Index -> Festivals and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowrielle
Informed Member

re: Ideas that need comments!

What sort of fun activities are you, as a kin, interested in?   There have been a couple of suggestions...but I wanted to make a place for people to post if they have an idea of something fun that the kin could do.  I also wanted there to be something fun during the week.  Then maybe once a month...we could do something fun on the weekend.  Post your suggestions here. 

Is anyone in our kin interested in forming a band?  I've been wondering if anyone would like to do this.  I think it would be great if we could have some concerts and fireworks...either at a kin meeting...staging an afternoon event in bree/or bree festival grounds...a group to play "Happy Birthday" to anyone celebrating a birthday during our monthly kin meeting...participating in some of the organized musical events like Weatherstock...and maybe even a tour of the pubs in Minas Tirith...lol.  Post here if you would be interested in being a part of a band.

Would any kinnies like to have a fashion show (featuring our toons and our warsteeds)?  I know lots enjoy cosmetics...either to be dressy...or a special armour set they've put together..or something cool for their horse.  We could have a fashion show to showcase people's interest in the more cosmetic side of Lotro.  If we don't want a fashion show per se, would we like a forum place to post screenshots of our outfits?  People could list all the elements, colors used, and where the pieces were obtained...so others could locate them if they see something they like.  If we do a forum setup, maybe we could do a small prize at the kin meeting once a month for the best of all those who posted.  Post here if you'd be interested in one of these fashion ideas.

Are you interested in a Saturday or Sunday morning fishing event?  The idea would be to catch as many edible fish and weeds as they can within a set time (which would vary due to the number of the players participating).  The person who catches the most edible fish would win a prize and the person with the most weeds would get a prize, too.  This might also be something we might like prospective kinnies to come and do with us...would give us an opportunity to meet some of these people that we don't all know...lol.  Post if you would like us to schedule something like this.

How about a crafting fair?  Those of us who craft could set up on Friday or Saturday morning and kinnies could pick up items they need for their toons...whether it would be dyes, cosmetic outfits, new armour, new weapons, food, tokens, battle/warding lore, or crafting lore.  If not...having a forum post set up to state your needs could be done, too.  Post your preference.

How about a drunken maze race?  We could have two teams of kinnies (maybe have the teams defined by colored cloaks) at the Maze at the Breefields...with intoxicated toons!  We could have various officers set up in the maze, and if you pass one of them, you'd have to stop and trade for a drink from them.  The top 3 finishers would determine which team won.  Post if you'd be interested in a maze race. 

Would you be interested in a Yule housing tour?  I know people like to decorate during the holidays...and that includes toon houses in Lotro.  If you enjoy this sort of thing, we could schedule a walkthrough of participating houses during the Yule Festival one evening.  We could have a prize for the best dressed house!  Post if you'd like to participate.

Like riddles and trivia?  One night during the week (once or twice a month), we could present our kinnies, in chat, with various riddles and trivia from the game, the books, and from the movies.  At the end of the session they could receive a special title in the forums for a month to denote their knowledge!  Post if you like this idea. 

Treasure hunt anyone?  During one night a month...maybe during the day, too...we could have clues that are given out that will lead to an officer's location.  That officer would give out the clue of the second location, etc. until the treasure is found!  Post if you like treasure!

Need help finishing the Rivendell chicken run?  We can organize groups to protect the kinnies while they are chickens if people are interested in this.  Get your Cluck Cloak!  There are several legs of this process...most, you can run by yourself...but the Rivendell part of the quest is difficult after you cross the Ford of Bruinen.  The sneaky lynx love to have a chicken snack!  Post if you'd like regular runs set up so people can get their chicken cloaks.

I'm also interested in more people reading the forums.  Maybe I'll consider hiding an "easter egg" within a post...and the first to find it has to post to indicate they found it.  Might be an old post...might be a new one.  There will be prizes!  When this begins...a notice will be posted so you'll know what you are looking for.  ;)

Have other ideas?  Please post here, too.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited by Snowrielle on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

The activities (listed) that sound like something I would love to do are:

Crafting fair - would be awesome to have our kin crafting things for each other etc

Drunken maze - It sounds like it would be awesome! :D

Treasure hunts are awesome

Tag (the freeze tag arenas - they are awesome)...

random_highjinx
Officer
I know how to post!

What sort of fun activities are you, as a kin, interested in? - ALL OF THEM!!

Is anyone in our kin interested in forming a band? - Except this one. <__< Sorry.

Would any kinnies like to have a fashion show (featuring our toons and our warsteeds)? - Sure? My hunter and her warsteed are pretty fancy.

Are you interested in a Saturday or Sunday morning fishing event?- Sure! :D

How about a crafting fair? How about a drunken maze race?- Sure? Or maybe a crafting mats swap? (Maybe it's cause I'm still a Newbie and always sniffing for mats thought lol).

Would you be interested in a Yule housing tour? - This could be interesting.

Like riddles and trivia? - Yes! :D

Treasure hunt anyone? - Absolutely!

Need help finishing the Rivendell chicken run? - I probably need help doing all the chicken runs...

Have other ideas? - I already told Snow this, but I thought it would be fun to go do the Forsaken Inn quest, where you need the perfect fellowship to get the deeds and things. A lot of people have said they've never done it and I thought it would make for a fun event :3

Griffinstorm
Griffinstorm
Officer
Informed Member

All wonderful lotro activities Snow! :D

Poppey and I have in the past pondered a kinship band. Sadly that is as far as it has gotten.

Unfortunately I've pretty much lost interest. My new computer has none of the fun/good abc files that I had... Also the main source of abc files, The Fat Lute website has been in the process of closing down, changing ownership, not sure... Top that off with; Turbine recently tweaked (and continues to tweak) the music system. Any of those old files may not function as well tuned as they were written. That's not to say I'm not up for us having music sessions where a few of us sync up some tunes in the kinhall. Perhaps during any of these other events that you have drafted here.

my 2 coppers,

off to kill leaves with a leafblower!!!

╚══╩╝╚╩╩╝╚╝╚═╝░▓█ Lifetime LotRO Founder & Altoholic collector of steeds'n'stuff
*K*
I know how to post!

This is an ambitious list and should be fun events for the Kin to do. However, I'm just NOT interested in any of those activities. With so much for me to do, I would rather spend my time in other ways. Thanks for your post and efforts though.

Last edited by *K* on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

They sound like fantastic ideas and i love the fact there is so much diversty in the game, something for everyone - but these are not my thing I am afraid - GL though

Ravynne Laergul
Kinship Leader
Gold Medalist

You know me, I will try anything. ;) 

They all sound like wonderful ideas. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Bronze Medalist

These all sound like fun! :D

Except maybe the drunken maze idea, I've been around that way recently and I think they close off the maze until it's the corresponding festival time. :3

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
ardironthehuntsman

All of those sound good to me, can try anything once.  Also rebumping thread so others can see this post 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Into the West Forum Index -> Festivals and Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: