View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poppey_Oakleaf
Recruiting Officer
Bronze Medalist

re: ITW Minecraft Server!

Hello fellow, Into The Westers,

I know a few of you play the PC version of Minecraft and know of it's awesomeness. It took me a while to update the info on this, but here it is!

Ta daaah!

For those that already have the game and are ready to roll, the address is 198.27.125.166 and the name is 'Into The West'.

The only rules are be nice, don't destroy other peoples' creations, and try not to kill the server with TNT. Blowing stuff is fun, but not when it crashes the server. It isn't the largest server, it's only able to host 10 people, but we've never gotten to that max. We've only had about 4 people on at once, and I hope to have a few more!

And for those that don't have the game yet, it only costs $26.95 for life, the link to buy it is here: https://minecraft.net/store/minecraft. You basically only have to pay once to own your username, or pay monthly/yearly to host a server, which our lovely former member, Lebronjames is doing for us right now. If you're interested, you can download the game here: https://minecraft.net/download

If you need any help, or if the server is down, just lemme know, and I'll get to the root of the problem as fast as I'm able.

Hope to see you in game!

Love, Poppey!

Last edited by Poppey_Oakleaf on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
Poppey_Oakleaf
Recruiting Officer
Bronze Medalist

The server seems to be working just fine now, and I've come to find that during the time I was unable to log into it, someone had built a bunch of swastikas in and around the center of the spawn hub. I will not tolerate such vulgar and disrespectful behavior. If it happens again, the person involved will have their IP banned from the server. This is a place that friends gather and have fun together through. Be nice, be respectful, and have fun.

Love, Poppey.

Poppey_Oakleaf
Recruiting Officer
Bronze Medalist

Okay, from what I'm seeing from being unable to log into the minecraft server control panel, it says that the password I entered is incorrect and seeming as I've had issues with offensive and vulgar things popping up out of no-where ( I know it couldn't have been any of you guys), I've come to the conclusion that the server was hacked and highjacked by some random, bored douchebag. I've since let LebronJames know so that he can withdraw his personal monetary information and close down the account. Which is terribly sad because we've had members build really cool and outstanding creations on that server.

On a positive note, I've looked into a different option. I've been looking at the new Minecraft Realms, which is basically a hosted server, only it's hosted by Microsoft and it's way more simple. It would be $13 a month  for me to run a Realm though, so I'm looking at you guys to gauge your interest to see if it would actually be used if I payed for this. (It is kinda expensive but you guys are worth it!) Keep in mind, that the only money you guys would have to pay is the one time fee to buy your initial account and that it's for life. You would not in any way have to pay on a monthly basis, just the host would. Lemme know if any of you are interested! :)

Sarge85
Recruiting Officer
Informed Member

im a maybe

Griffinstorm
Griffinstorm
Officer
Informed Member

Ugh, sorry to hear Popps. While I enjoy us havin' a kinship server. I personally don't spend much time playin'/buildin' in MC, to even consider a subscription. That price is more than a lotro VIP sub, and of course once you stop payin' the sub, the Realm would be gone, much like our previous servers. :( Honestly I do not know.  In the past someone ran the kin server directly off their own PC, but it eventually became bogged down for anyone who was Not on that PC. It's interesting to know that Microsoft has their claws on MC. But for me, the use vs the cost, is also a maybe.  (Personally I think you'd be better served puttin' the monies in ye olde bank accounte.) ;)

╚══╩╝╚╩╩╝╚╝╚═╝░▓█ Lifetime LotRO Founder & Altoholic collector of steeds'n'stuff
Sarge85
Recruiting Officer
Informed Member

griffy makes a good point, should probly save yer monies

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Into the West Forum Index -> Minecraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: